To our team for the first Chingford League race in the 2020-21 series, here are the joining instructions for the race:
- Venue: Chingford Plain – Post Code E4 7QJ
- Times: men’s start 9am; women’s start 10.15am;
- No transfers, no spectators (other than the Team volunteer).
- Club colours must be worn.
Please arrive in good time to collect your number from Andrew.
Before the race runners must:
- arrive race-ready, (it’s multi-terrain so studs, or trails, recommended, not spikes.)
- warm up well away from the start/finish area
- enter the correct wave pen about 5 minutes before the start
- stay at least 2 metres apart from other competitors, marshals, officials, and members of the public at all times.
During the race runners must:
- respectfully socially distance when overtaking other runners or other users of the forest
- stop and momentarily step off the course and into the forest if they need to spit
- make sure their number is clearly visible to recorders as they cross the line – there’s no finishing funnel. If their number is partly obscured or hanging off, they won’t go into the results.
After the race runners must:
- keep moving until they are well away from the finish area
- continue to stay at least 2 metres apart from others, including team-mates, until they’ve completely left the venue
- disperse immediately after they have finished. In normal times everyone wants to gather round to discuss how the race went, how the team did etc. They can’t! Please save the marshals from the embarrassment of having to say this.